Friday, April 15, 2011

Video - Salad Dressing Basics

I absolutely love this video! This guy makes an art out of salad dressing, and now I want to try every one that he mentioned - he just made me so hungry!  It is so true - really the basics are all you need, and then you can just tweak them from there. I've been making my own Italian dressing since high school (back then, it was the only way my little kid sister would eat salad) :-)  and I just came up with it myself - using the basics mentioned in the video, and then expanded it to include other spices, seasonings, and even Parmesan cheese - every batch was just a bit different. Sometimes I used red pepper flakes (or threw a tiny dried whole red pepper in the bottle to flavor it over time), sometimes lots of black pepper, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, etc.  Once you get the basics down, it is so easy to create your own amazing dressings - and so fast! I think some of the ones he showed took a minute to make, at the most!

Check it out, and feel free to share your own creations in the comments below.

Salad Dressing
Mark Bittman makes a variety of salad dressing all based on one formula: a fat, an acid, and flavoring. Related article: bit.ly


Enhanced by Zemanta

Salad Dressing Basics:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments and suggestions!