Friday, April 22, 2011

Cajun Gumbo Recipe

It's Cajun week here at Cooking From Scratch, and here is an amazing gumbo recipe I found, that will really get you in the Cajun mood! Gumbo is one of my favorites (actually I am realizing I haven't made it in a while, so hopefully this one will inspire me to whip some up), and I've made many different versions of this tasty and hearty dish - some of which were easier than others, but all of which were Signature gumbo from Bozo's Seafood Restaurant...Image via Wikipediaexcellent. (Mine usually looks more like the picture below, than the one on the recipe page.)

As we discussed on Monday, Cajun cooking is really an art, so make it your own, and try varying levels of spiciness, different types of meat and seafood, or other additions that strike your fancy.

Check out this lovely recipe, and wow your tastebuds tonight with this delicious meal. (And remember to check out Wednesday's video on how to make the roux that is essential for this dish!)

What's Cookin, Chicago?: Cajun Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
The most recent dinner was on Mardi Gras where I prepared a Cajun inspired meal. The highlight of the meal was this Cajun Chicken & Sausage Gumbo. My friends haven't had gumbo before so I was especially anxious to make this for them. ...
Publish Date: 03/16/2011 1:02
http://joelens.blogspot.com/2011/03/cajun-chicken-sausage-gumbo.html


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments and suggestions!