Friday, May 6, 2011

Video - Organic Swiss Chard Quesadillas

Here is a great video which is also a fun one for you sustainable gardeners, as it shows you one possible yummy outcome from your garden!  This shows the whole process, garden to table, so it's an entertaining as well as educational video. I think I'm going to try this one with some of the abundance of Swiss Chard I have in the fridge right now from my CSA....  I have really come to love Swiss Chard this winter - it's so sweet and tender, and as long as you cook the stems a little longer, you can use the whole thing (in this recipe, I would have sliced the stems up, and cooked them with the onion, and then they should have been nice and tender by the time it was all done - adding both nutrients and color).

Check it out, and be sure to come back and let us know how you liked it!

Swiss Chard Quesadillas Recipe
Swiss chard straight from the garden makes a quesadilla a hearty, nutrient-rich meal. Discover ways to grow and prepare greens with helpful hints from an organic gardener in this free video on garden-to-table cooking.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments and suggestions!