Monday, June 11, 2012

Video - How to Make Mozzarella Cheese

As a funny note on the synchronicity of life, I happened upon this video by accident this afternoon, after just this morning talking with a friend about making mozzarella!  (As we say at New Holistic Living - everything is connected....)  I got a book on cheesemaking last summer, but honestly haven't done much with it so far. Making your own cheese can be challenging, and, for some kinds, requires equipment and space I just don't have right now. I make a lot of yogurt, which I use mostly in my morning breakfast smoothies, but otherwise the only things I've made from the book are a Greek soft cheese, which was just okay, and ricotta, which was amazing, and I've made that one a couple of times since then as well.

I hadn't thought to try mozzarella - I thought it sounded complicated when I had looked at the recipe previously, but my friend this morning mentioned it was supposed to be an easy cheese to make, and judging from this video, it's really pretty simple. I actually have all of the ingredients already, so I will try this one soon for sure. Summer is a great time to make mozzarella, with all the fresh tomatoes and basil soon coming on.... Yum!  (If you need a few recipes for your fresh mozzarella, be sure to check back later this week for some tasty suggestions.)

Check out the video, and see how easy it can be to make your own fresh mozzarella from scratch. And see below the video for some other helpful resources on cheese-making, including the kit shown in the video.

 

Home Cheese-Making Resources:
   
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments and suggestions!