Friday, November 5, 2010

Recipe - Thai Chicken Coconut Soup

If you've been reading this blog for a while, and are beginning to get a bit more adventurous, here is a great one to try! It's very easy, and SO good, if you like Thai food (which I love). This is a good one to impress guests with!

Thai chicken soup with galangal, coconut and m...Image via Wikipedia
 This is one of my favorite recipes, and I make it often -- it is just as yummy winter and summer, but fall and winter for me are always "soup season", so that's probably when I make it the most. Most recipes (including the one below) call for galangal - a root similar to ginger which can be found in some Asian markets.

I rarely  have it on hand, as it can be hard to find, so I usually substitute fresh ginger root, with great results (make sure it is fresh - the outside should be firm and non-wrinkled, and it should have a slightly yellowish tone if possible - then peel and slice -- 4-6 slices are usually sufficient; you will remove these before eating).

Enjoy!

Easy does it: Thai Chicken Galangal soup
Chicken galangal soup. This is one of my favorite thai soups. I learnt to do it a long time ago, when I was taking Thai cooking classes. The recipe stayed with me and I cook it regularly. It's very delicate and quite easy to make, ...
Publish Date: 10/20/2010 13:57
http://easydoesitrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/10/thai-chicken-galangal-soup.html




 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments and suggestions!